[mythtv-users] rankings question/problem

Thorsten Scheuermann scheuerm at cs.unc.edu
Thu Jul 24 23:48:14 EDT 2003

I finally got mythtv up and running, but I am having problems with the ranking
feature. I rank the shows I want to record in the program rankings screen. I
have Family Guy at +6, but when I enable recording of the Simpsons (at +0 or
even -5) it always preempts Family Guy in the same timeslot. Now in the
program rankings it shows me "Family Guy - <Episode title>" and "The Simpsons
- <Episode title>". Are the rankings applied to all episodes or only the
particular one?
The conflict resolution screen shows no conflict between the two shows, it
just lists Simpsons for the time slot.
Is mythtv secretly boosting the ranking of Simpsons or am I going mad?

What am I missing? Any advice is appreciated!

-Thorsten Scheuermann