[mythtv-users] Re: mpeg2 playback glitches

Steven J. Finnegan sjf at controlsoftcorp.com
Thu Jul 24 15:41:08 EDT 2003

Then perhaps we need a definitive definition (redundant, I know). of the
difference between the two problems you mention.

Seems to me that his problem and mine are similar
Neither (his nor mine) respond to any of the frontend settings mentioned.
Both can be seen as playback problems -- his glitches repetitively in the
same place, mine glitches when played back in MS Windows.

I realize there is another problem, regarding synching the playback to the
vertical sync, but you claim that this problem is fixed with the frontend
settings. And by your descriptioin of the fix, the problem sounds as though
it should not be exhibited when the file is played back in a different
environment (MS).

Is this correct?

sjf
At 11:40 7/24/2003, you wrote:

>On Thursday 24 July 2003 02:10 pm, Curtis Stanford wrote:
> > OK, I've just tried all 3 of these options, each independently and all
> > together. Doesn't help with the glitches. I'm more and more convinced they
> > are part of the original recording. If I see a glitch and back up 5 seconds
> > the glitch appears again in the exact same place so I don't think it's a
> > playback problem. More of a recording problem. I've seen references to
> > problems with the PVR-250 firmware or something. It may warrant a posting
> > to the ivtv mailing list.
>
>As I've been trying to point out throughout this entire thread, and which
>absolutely no one seems to be reading, is that you all are talking about two
>entirely different problems.
>
>Isaac

Steven J. Finnegan, President
Controlsoft Corporation