[mythtv-users] dual tuners - one no sound when concurrent recordings

cmisip cmisip at insightbb.com
Thu Jul 24 17:18:56 EDT 2003

> If I follow your suggestions, btaudio ends up with dsp2 and 3 (digital and
> analog)

That was just an example.  If you want emu10k1 to load before
via82cxxx-audio before btaudio you need two lines:
pre-install via82cxx-audio modprobe emu10k1
pre-install btaudio modprobe via82cxx-audio

This will give sblive dsp0 and dsp1
via82cxx-audio gets dsp2
btaudio gets dsp3 and dsp4

I have another machine with vh6II mobo with the via onboard sound. When
I use it to playback mythtv video, the sound comes out "chipmunk' style
or high speed.  I think it only does 48000  while btaudio is locked in
at 32000.

I also notice that sometimes modules.conf will not complain about some
errors during boot.  Have you tried testing it without rebooting.  I had
to do a series of depmod -a and modprobes to finally get the correct
module loading.