[mythtv-users] XV and FX5200. Does it work?

Ryan Svihla roman at ellipse.net
Thu Jul 24 16:16:49 EDT 2003

Actually its exactly that
from nvidia's readme on the nforce 2 drivers

    GART Patch Installation

NOTE: This patch only supports kernel 2.4.20.  You will need to either
install kernel 2.4.20 and sources before patching, or manually merge
these changes to other kernel versions.

      Patching the Kernel

   1. Change to the Linux kernel source directory.

example# cd /usr/src/linux-2.4.20

   2. Patch the kernel. Watch out for any warnings or errors.

example# patch -p1 < linux-2.4.20-agpgart.diff

      Configuring the Kernel

    * In order to use NVIDIA AGP chipset support, the kernel must be
      configured accordingly.
    * In the kernel source directory, run a kernel configuration tool
      such as menuconfig:

example# make menuconfig

    * In the 'Processor type and features', make sure that an x86
      compatible CPU is selected.
    * In the 'Character devices' section, select '/dev/agpgart (AGP
      Support)' as an included or modularized kernel feature.
    * In the same section, enable 'NVIDIA chipset support'.

In personal experience the fx line does support xv fully, good luck to
you i hope thats the problem (ps there is a patch out there somewhere
for 2.4.21 and nforce just dont have the link right here lemme know if
you need it).