[mythtv-users] Re: mpeg2 playback glitches

Russ Southern russ.southern at cox.net
Thu Jul 24 15:50:51 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 12:44:14PM -0600, Curtis Stanford wrote:
> That's why I was trying to draw it back to the original issue. I've been
> reading the ivtv-devel list and see references to an error I've been getting:
> "Not enough free buffers". I don't know if that's the problem but it's a
> start.

OK.  I can help with this one.  Add an option to /etc/modules.conf:
options ivtv debug=1 mpg_buffers=100

Reload the module and see if you get fewer of these errors.  It could be the
"glitches" are dropped frames.  This setting could help.

I have two PVR-250's and had to make a different change to eliminate these
warnings altogether, but this should be enough for one card.

Russ

P.S. In case you need even more than 100, change the maximum by looking in
ivtv-driver.c for a line like this:

        if ((mpg_buffers > 100) || (mpg_buffers < 15)) {

and change the 100 to a bigger number.