[mythtv-users] Can we match this?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 24 13:14:28 EDT 2003

I wouldn't be surprised if the RF remote was really just a RF keyboard/mouse
device packaged as a remote (i.e., a standard USB HID kernel device).  This
is how the Gyration RF keyboard & mouse work, and they also sell that as an
accessory on their website.  If this was the case, it would mean that, like
Myth, their software is primarily keyboard (& maybe some mouse) controlled,
and the RF devices are really just wireless keyboards as far as the software
is concerned.  Of course, an RF 'keyboard' in a remote control package
wouldn't have all of the keys a regular keyboard has, and they'd be labelled
appropriately (instead of 'Z' it would say 'Comm Skip'), but in the end
they'd be the same keycodes.

I don't know if this is indeed the case, but if it is then you wouldn't need
any special drivers to use the remote under Linux.

-JAC