[mythtv-users] XV and FX5200. Does it work?

Hans-Christian Prytz hcp_public at prytz.net
Thu Jul 24 14:51:06 EDT 2003

Hi people.

I'm putting together a new myth box with a FX5200 graphics card.
So far I have tv-out working (with overscan :-) but I hva a couple of
problems.

First, when I try to play something with mplayer (testing with mplayer before
installing myth) I can't seem to get it to use xv for video output. Has
anyone on the list gotten this to work? Naturally this means that things are
ab bit jerky, especially when showing panning shots.

Secondly, the image on the screen seems to flicker somewhat, enough to be
irritating while watching still pictures.

Sorry that I don't have any further info, I'm just trying to figure out if I
should continue trying to get this card working, or return it (10 day return
policy) .

So has anyone else gotten this card working properly?

Thanks

Hans-Christian