[mythtv-users] Home theater

Örn Hansen orn.hansen at swipnet.se
Thu Jul 24 03:11:37 EDT 2003

  I've been looking around for some possible combination of a home theater
system, just as I've noticed others are doing as well on here.

  The best box I've noticed, for a standard ATX is micro-ATX case, very neat
box about 14cm high, 60x50cm withxdepth.  A micro ATX is not expensive mobo
to get, so such a build is not that expensive.

  However, I noticed a complete "dream" build when checking it out.

case:
http://kylning.com/info.php?cPath=72_124&products_id=451&kylid=408ca7780ce4ca6b6892d2b04e68954f

mobo:
http://www.viavpsd.com/product/epia_m_spec.jsp?motherboardId=81

 But this requires a slim-dvd which is a bit expensive, and would make the
complete case somewhere around €450 (Euros) for me.  Prolly cheaper for some
others.  The case in question requires two things that need to be looked out
for, and I haven't solved yet.

#1) A Remote control.  Haven't found any useful items like this yet, so if
anyone could give me pointers to a useful project or where to buy.  I'd
appreciate it.

#2) The graphics and mpeg decoder that are built into the VIA ITX card,
weather these are supported under mythtv.  Wether anyone has tried these
cards, I believe they've been around for a while, and use a VIA Unichrome (Or
Castlerock AGP) graphics.  Don't know anything about'em so info is
appreciated.

Orn