[mythtv-users] Mythmusic corrupt sound and OSD fading..

Fred Jones foo_dam_mad at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 15:35:07 EDT 2003

I've been using mythtv for a while, but have a couple of nagging problems:
- some tracks in Mythmusic seem to get distorted with a regular background noise when mythmusic initially starts. I've read the past posts on bad sound problems and have upgraded to the latest ALSA drivers, but no good. I still get the noise on my Via8235 board?

- my processor is a bit slow. Whenever the OSD appears or fades out, playback becomes choppy. Is there an easy way to make this appear and disappear without the cool fading?

Has any one found a solution for these problems?