[mythtv-users] Remote Mythfrontend Problems

Larry Owen larry at scrudgeware.org
Wed Jul 23 16:39:02 EDT 2003

  I finally got a complete system up and running.
I call the machine media (creative, huh). As far
as I can tell, everyhting works fine when running
Mythfrontend on media.

  I have another box named black.  When I run
Mythfrontend on Black, connecting to the
Mythbackend on Media, it crashes in various places.
When I say crash, I mean it just disappears. Running
it from gdb doesn't give any extra info, here's
the error:

Error parsing: /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/PurpleGalaxy/ui.xml
at line: 601  column: 17
tag mismatch
Failed to get selector object.

BTW, This is occurs no matter what theme I'm using.
I can watch live TV on Black.  I get the error when
I try to use any of the following:

Program Guide
Program Finder
Fix Conflicts
Watch Recordings
Delete Recordings

My boxes are setup as follows, both are using version 0.10:

media:
  ALSA
    Working Full Duplex, AFAIK.
  Mythbackend
    Server setup w/ real IP not 127.0.0.1
  MySql
    I use this DB for both machines w/ wide open permissions.
    I would like to tighten security on the DB, but after I
    get everything working.
  Mythfrontend
    No preblems to report.

Black:
  ALSA
    Working Full Duplex, AFAIK.
  Mythbackend
    Not running, used setup to point to Media's IP
  MySql
    Edited /usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt to point to Media's DB
  Mythfrontend
    Works in Live Mode, but not w/ anything dealing with reacordings.

Anyone Have any idea what's wrong?  I've been searching
the archives for days, to no avail.

-larry