[mythtv-users] nforce audio -- no sound from TV

Martin Cosgrave martin at bettercode.com
Wed Jul 23 11:49:20 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 23 July 2003 04:05, Lennox Reid wrote:
> I have an nforce2 board on the Shuttle SN41G2 system.  I've gotten the
> sound working with no problem for most applications.  HOWEVER, I cannot
> get any sound out of my Hauppauge WinTV401 (dbx stereo + FM) card.

I don't think I can help with your no-sound problem in mythtv, although if
other apps work ok it is possible that it is the sound level on the input
which is the problem. Also check that nothing is holding the dsp open (like a
sound server, use 'lsof /dev/dsp' - may need to install lsof first, your
distro should have it)

For your nforce audio - by default it goes into 48kHz mode when the SPDIF
option is enabled - you can pass "spdif_status=0" to the driver when you load
it and it will get set to 44kHz instead.

Martin