[mythtv-users] nforce audio -- no sound from TV

Chip Marshall chip at chocobo.cx
Wed Jul 23 01:54:04 EDT 2003

On July 22, 2003, Lennox Reid sent me the following:
> I have an nforce2 board on the Shuttle SN41G2 system.  I've gotten the
> sound working with no problem for most applications.  HOWEVER, I cannot
> get any sound out of my Hauppauge WinTV401 (dbx stereo + FM) card.
> That same card worked fine running through a soundblaster live card on
> my other system.  All sound card output works fine on the nforce system
> (e.g: mplayer playing .mpgs and .avis, xmms playing mp3s, system
> sounds).  However anything from an external source (line-in, microphone,
> CD audio) does not work.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Sounds like your mixer settings might be messed up. Try adjusting them
by hand to see if you can get sound. I suppose you could also try
hooking up the line-out from the tuner card to something else, to make
sure that's pumping out sometihng.

Also, if you're using the in-kernel i810 driver, you might want to try
the nvaudio driver from nvidia instead, or vise versa.

--
Chip Marshall <chip at chocobo.cx>           http://www.chocobo.cx/chip/
GCM/CS d+(-) s+:++ a22>? C++ UB++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++ N@ o K- w O M+