[mythtv-users] RE:D.vine home-theater atx case

Tom Howard tom at sagoons.com
Tue Jul 22 22:38:46 EDT 2003

When you speak of making your system quiet, making it one of the reasons you
are willing to spend $200+ on a case, I can understand that.  However, that
is why I'm using the Via M10000 because with a relatively cheap setup, you
don't even need a fan.  Making it VERY quiet.  See www.mini-itx.com
<http://www.mini-itx.com/>  for power supplies, riser cards (to allow for 2
PVR cards), etc. tons of HIDI's (How I Did It).  I chose the M10000 for the
following reasons.

1.	Quiet
2.	VERY low power consumption (saves money on the bills)
3.	extremely small board
4.	Does the job.

Not saying the VIA is the best for everyone, but it will do the trick, and
as soon as the Hardware decoder has a driver for linux, it will make it that
much sweeter.

--Tom