[mythtv-users] X hung?

Leo Laksmana beol at laksmana.net
Tue Jul 22 19:54:11 EDT 2003

I've been having a few problems with my mythtv setup. I'm currently
running mythtv 0.10 on Mandrake 9.1. My hardware setup is Athlon 700MHz,
Epox 7KXA mobo, 512MB RAM, NVidia GEForce4MX-SE (pny tech). Let me know
if I need to give you guys more info about my setup.

The first problem I notice is if I'm watching live tv around midnight,
the picture will freeze and usually I can just exit and do watch tv
again, but some of the times I have to kill my mythfrontend and restart
it. I was reading some stuff on the dev mailing list, and thinks that
this is fixed on cvs but I just want to make sure that this is correct.
I'm a bit reluctant to install cvs version but will do if most people
recommend this.

Second problem that I'm facing is while watching tv, the picture will
freeze (not just around midnight). It's a bit different then the
midnight issue because I have to stop the mythbackend and kill the
mythfrontend before I can do anything (i.e. starting mythfrontend and
watch tv or recording), simply killing the myhtfrontend won't do the
job. Top shows that my machine is pegged big time (100% util), with
mythfrontend uses 40% and X using the rest of the utilization. During
normal usage CPU util would be something like 40% to 60%. I'm thinking
it's either card driver issue or X problem. Can somebody comment on
this?

Thanks,
-Leo

--