[mythtv-users] converting NUV to AVI or something I can use on my Mac

Rob Snow lists at dympna.com
Tue Jul 22 20:45:21 EDT 2003

What he means is that you had to re-encode a already Mpeg4 stream
to Mpeg4 again (or Divx) to get that to work.  A simple -oac copy -oav
copy, which would just grab the mpeg4 stream out of the .nuv format
and put it into a .avi container doesn't work.

-Rob

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:03:58 -0700, Leo Laksmana wrote
> i'm not sure I understand your last comment, by I have been able to
use
> mythencode to re-encode (if that's the right term) mythtv recording
into
> divx avi files and play it on windows media player.
>
> -Leo
>
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 01:35:19PM -0700, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > > MPEG4 is just a standard of how to compress file, how they
implement it
> > > depends on who implements it. For example, mythtv mpeg4
codec is
> > > implemented by nuppel.
> >
> > unfortunately, whether correct or not, MPEG4 currently refers to any
> > number of different encoding codecs.  the divx people like to think
they
> > they're mpeg4, and Apple announced over a year ago that
Sorenson was to
> > be the default.  I'm sure that microsoft and others have their own
> > ideas.  the *official* MPEG4 standard is still being decided (they
> > recently figured out what the licensing structure will be, but they're
> > still arguing about the codec itself).
> >
> > It's been asked a few times "which" MPEG4 is used by myth, but
I've