[mythtv-users] How does MythTV choose which tuner to use?

Albert Santoni GameGod at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 22 20:52:00 EDT 2003

Sometimes when I record shows, the filesize is relatively small, and other
times it is relatively large.
I have two tuners, and my brother believes it might be MythTV choosing one
tuner over the other, and there might be more fuzz on the cable going into
one tuner than the other, so shows recorded on the one tuner are smaller.

My question is this: How does MythTV choose which tuner to use?
Does it pick the FIRST available tuner, or does it pick the least recently
used tuner (ie. record show with one tuner, then record the next show with
the other tuner - not overlapping.)

Thanks,

Albert Santoni