[mythtv-users] Re: mpeg2 playback glitches

Steven J. Finnegan sjf at controlsoftcorp.com
Tue Jul 22 15:42:02 EDT 2003

Well, in my case the jitter reduction and exp. AV Sync don't seem to help
(they were on). And since the jitter also shows up when the captured file
is played in WMP, I tend to think it is a Encoding problem (ie. Hauppauge
firmware). I am using an nVidia 5200 display card, but not when playing
back in Windows, of course.

sjf
At 13:47 7/22/2003, you wrote:

> > </bigger>
> >
> > I think the problem is with playback.   Particularly, with the
> > deinterlacing that occurs during the TV-out conversion.
> >
> > I'd check myself, but I don't happen to have any recordings with such
> > scrolling on my machine at the moment.
>
>That's a totally different issue than the glitch first talked about.  Turn on
>jitter reduction and 'experimental a/v sync' if you have an nvidia card, and
>all playback jitter pretty much goes entirely away.

Steven J. Finnegan, President
Controlsoft Corporation
Phone: (760) 747-5632
WebSite: www.controlsoftcorp.com