[mythtv-users] RE:D.vine home-theater atx case

Jason S jms_temp at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 14:53:27 EDT 2003

Could the expensive-case HTPC crowd help me understand
why you'd pay $229 (or more) for a case that doesn't
even have a power supply when there are very similar
$60-100 cases available (with power supplies!)? LCDs
aren't it, as you can buy and LCD and stick it in the
drive slot. Is it the soundproofing? The looks? I have
checked out these cases and I just don't see it... I
figure I must be missing some key criteria.

For the sub-$100 case crowd, anyone have an
HTPC-oriented uATX or ATX case they love? I've found
quite a few I like but I haven't found the perfect one
just yet. You can reply off list if it's too off topic
(although it seems similar to many topics to me!)

- Jason S.

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:44:26 -0500, Russ Southern
wrote:
> Personally I was thinking more in the line of
fluorescent displays
like
> normally used in hifi equipment.

I am quite happy with this case:

http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Cases/ht200.asp

Full-size ATX compatible, aluminum, non-proprietary
power supply
mounting
(watch out for CoolerMasters if this matters to you!),
front USB and
firewire, extra cooling fan included, and...

it _includes_ a VFD display!

$229.