[mythtv-users] Via mini-itx front end box, 802.11b and a short Satellite howto

Obrien, Haskell W. obrienh at more.net
Tue Jul 22 16:41:15 EDT 2003

I'm hoping for some info about using a via mini-itx machine for a frontend box.

It sounds like a M series is sufficient.
Is a EPIA800 good enough to be a front end machine?  I've been using one of these for a while in my karkomp http://starfighter.org/karkomp
I'm due for some upgrades to my karkomp system, so I figure I'd try it out while I've got it in the house tonight.
Is anyone using one for a frontend system currently?

How much network bandwidth is needed for a front-end backend connection?  Would 802.11b be fast enough for playback, or is that just hoping too much?

Advice would be great.

I put up a short howto for serial satellite connections.
http://starfighter.org/mythtv

Will