[mythtv-users] Re: mpeg2 playback glitches

Steven J. Finnegan sjf at controlsoftcorp.com
Tue Jul 22 12:47:10 EDT 2003

I am having a similar problem with my PVR-250/350 system. This is most
evident when watching a channel with a "crawl", like CNBC. The crawl will
'jerk' at least once per second (a very irregular thing). I can also see
this with a camera pan -- it shows up as what I can only describe as a
'skewed pan'.

Specifically, which version of the firmware are you using? I have Encoder
FW Version   2.03.207, and Decoder FW Version 2.02.001 (which I presume is
not being used). The version numbers are in the first few bytes of the file.

Looking at the site you mention, they have encoder version 2.03.207, which
matches mine, and 2.03.021, who's number would imply an earlier version,
but has a later date. So I am somewhat confused as to which one I should be
using.

Also, I presume all you did was to extract the contents of these file(s) to
your /lib/modules directory, and rebooted? The firmware gets downloaded
each time the driver loads?

Thanks,
sjf

>From: Curtis Stanford <curtis at stanfordcomputing.com>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] mpeg2 playback glitches
>Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:35:45 -0600
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at snowman.net>
>Message: 4
>
>Oops, spoke too soon. Still there, although not as often. Do any other
>PVR-250
>owners see this?
>
>On July 21, 2003 04:30 pm, Curtis Stanford wrote:
> > Cool! I found a site with images of the firmware, downloaded the latest and
> > reloaded. Seems to have taken care of the problem...
> >
> > Thanks Isaac!

> > > Sounds similar to a bug in the pvr-250 firmware that was discussed a bit
> > > on the ivtv-devel list last (or before?) month.  Might want to try a
> > > different firmware revision.
> > >
> > > Isaac

Steven J. Finnegan, President
Controlsoft Corporation