[mythtv-users] DCT2000

Chip Marshall chip at chocobo.cx
Tue Jul 22 12:28:44 EDT 2003

On July 22, 2003, Lonny Selinger sent me the following:
> I was chekcing the archives regarding this cable box and decided to
> buy one for now. My question is regarding the serial port on the box.
> In the manual it mentions that its some high speed data connector (or
> something to that effect), but it looks like people are connecting
> this link to their computers to do channel changing etc on the cable
> box. Am I understanding this correctly?

I have the same series of digital cable box at home. My TiVo is using
the serial connector to change channels on it currently. I've poked
around a few times trying to see if anyone has a spec on how to change
channels with it, but so far havn't come up with anything.

I have been planning to put a tap on the serial line to see if I can
figure it out on my own, but I havn't found the time to do so yet.

--
Chip Marshall <chip at chocobo.cx>           http://www.chocobo.cx/chip/
GCM/CS d+(-) s+:++ a22>? C++ UB++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++ N@ o K- w O M+