[mythtv-users] Compilation segmentation faults

Lev Pertsov Lev.Pertsov at Servicing.com
Tue Jul 22 11:27:52 EDT 2003

Here is the story:
I installed RedHat 9 and did the update which updated my kernel as well. Then I got the code from MythTV cvs and tried to compile it but compilation fails every time with segmentation fault in different places. I also got IVTV stuff from their CVS and that compiles without a problem.
Does anybody have any idea why that might be happening? What should I do?

Different problem (secondary):
I then got MythTv via apt-get install and I can view live TV without problems. However after about half an hour of watching MythTV froze and I had to do hard reboot. Any idea?

My hardware:
NVidia motherboard, Athlon 2000+
PVR250
GeForce 4MX with TV out