[mythtv-users] Boot up screen for kernel?

Steve Davidson buzzdat1 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 22 00:59:02 EDT 2003

> I thought I read somewhere that LPP was going to be incorporated into the
> 2.6 kernel, which might explain why the project hasn't seen any updates (if
> it's in the 2.5/2.6 kernel tree).  Of course, I might be mis-remembering...

If it was planned, I don't think it got very far.  Neither LPP nor
bootsplash has been ported to 2.5/2.6 *yet*; I do know that the
Bootsplash folks are working on the port, LPP is strangely quiet on the
subject.

Given Linus' rather public dislike for all things fb (see
http://lists.insecure.org/linux-kernel/2001/Dec/6808.html for example),
I don't see this being added to the standard kernel any time soon.

Of course, I could be wrong... <g>  I'd love to not have to patch the
kernel to get this functionality.

I'll be waiting anxiously for bootsplash to be ported to 2.6; the new
kernel has much better support for my Pundit.

BTW, found this as an alternative approach while doing some digging:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=718

== Steve