[OT] Re: [mythtv-users] FYI: Zap2it paid service

Calvin Harrigan calvinharrigan at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 21 19:14:03 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 16:25, Lan Barnes wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 01:13:19PM -0700, Todd Turner wrote:
> > I discovered that zap2it.com's parent company
> > (Tribune) is beta testing a new subscription based
> > guide, that is a raw data dump of your guide info.  It
> > is XML based, and runs as a web service.  The product
> > is called Data Direct.  Not sure when it goes G/A.
> >

> > todd
>
> If it's good data and the subscription is reasonable, I might be a
> customer some day. Even w/o mythTV capability, the searchable data base
> of upcoming TV listings is far superior to anything available on paper
> or a listings channel.

I know it's off topic, but I had to rant about the program guide
channels lately.  If you have the tvguide channel you will understand.
Is it me or is it more of a 24 hour a day ad channel?  Sometimes less
than a 1/3 of the screen is actually used to show actual program info.
It's utterly useless!

--
Calvin Harrigan <calvinharrigan at earthlink.net>