[mythtv-users] Ananova blocking IPs? SOLVED :)

Andrew Ingram adingram at clara.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 00:04:16 EDT 2003

> I bet you have ECN enabled in your kernel. Look here for more info:
> http://www.cctec.com/maillists/nanog/historical/0104/msg00714.html
>
> Try catting /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn if the value is 1, that is
> probably the culprit. Try setting it to zero to see if the problem is
> resolved.
>
> I tested connectivity to ananova using trptraceroute which
> allows you to
> trace with and without ECN packets. When I enabled ECN, the trace did
> not complete, leading me to suspect that is the problem.
>
> -Tupshin

Tupshin (and Shawn),

you guys are briliant!!! How on earth you sussed that one out!!! Just as
well I kept my boot floppy kernel that came with Debian. I did switch to
2.4.21 last Friday which explains this. I changed the value in /proc to
0 and it works :) Could view the website, and mythfilldatabase worked.
When I was trying other kernels beforehand, I was using ping to test
them, which doesn't seem to work for anyone, hence me thinking it wasn't
kernel related.

Anyway, it's working again and I'm very happy. Thank you so much to
everyone who emailed about this (both on and off list). I really
appreciate all your help.

Now all I need to do is find out where ECN lives in the kernel
menuconfig and switch the damn thing off for good!

Thanks,
Andrew