[mythtv-users] converting NUV to AVI or something I can use on my Mac

Joshua Santelli santellij at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 14:20:54 EDT 2003

> Try playing the avi file with something like vlc (on
> the Mac). I'm
> guessing the avi file is using a codec not supported
> by QuickTime.

I'll look into vlc and give it a shot.  Quicktime does
throw an error about the codec but I wasn't sure what
codec this avi used and what I can use.  Getting this
into iMove (or another video editing program) is the
main concern.

> I'd suggest trying to get an mpeg4 file out of the
> deal, rather than an
> avi file. I don't recall an easy way to convert an
> avi file to
> something QuickTime plays nice with, short of using
> Cleaner (but it ain't free :).

Anyone know how I would do that (get this into a
"standard" mpeg4)?  I'm up for any format as long as I
can get iMove to import the file and then let me edit
it.