[mythtv-users] leadtek 2000xp support hardware encode ?

Scott Blomfield ScottB at Cavps.com
Mon Jul 21 15:10:12 EDT 2003

This is the second time this week that this question has been asked, so
I looked into it for you.

This card does not appear to have a hardware encoder.

The line from the webpage that appears to be confusing people is:
"Capture format profile: Support friendly setting for
MPEG-1/MPEG-2/MPEG-4/WMV/VCD/DVD video and MP3/WMA audio encoding
format"

However, the following wording (also from the webpage) leads me to
believe that this is being done in software:
"Note: The capture performance depends on the system configuration and
video parameters setting"

The following excerpt from the Specifications page backs this assumption
up:
"Video Format: RGB32/RGB24/RGB15/YUY2"

So I will say it categorically for anyone searching the list:
The leadtek winfast 2000xp tv2000xp does not support hardware encoding.

General product information:
http://www.leadtek.com/multimedia/winfast_tv2000xp_deluxe_1.html

Specifications:
http://www.leadtek.com/multimedia/winfast_tv2000xp_deluxe_2.html

Please ignore these extra keywords to catch incorrect searches
Leadtech leedtek leedtech lead tek win fast 2000 xp