[mythtv-users] Off-Topic - Wireless Keyboard/Mouse

Dane A. Kantner webmaster at cmtweb.com
Mon Jul 21 15:11:14 EDT 2003

> I would seriously pay any reasonable amount for a guaranteed working
> remote/keyboard pair. Which is what I did, on recommendation from
> someone else on the list.

did you ever try the cheapie RF wireless keyboards tigerdirect.com has for
$30?  its a chieftec brand... i bought one specifically for my myth box...
so far its working well...  for the price, i wasn't expecting a whole lot...
but i've had a logitech wireless (RF) one in the past and this one is just
as good.  i haven't done anything with the multimedia buttons yet, but it
sends them as keystrokes so i'm sure I can figure it out (or someone else
has maybe, but i haven't looked into it)

the one thing I don't like about wireless keyboards/mice is the need to
charge batteries... i might go buy a chargable system again, i haven't had
to replace the batteries yet so I'm not annoyed yet ;) .... but, my whole
point with bringing this up is there are some kb/mice combos out there that
have built in charger cradles... (well, for the mice--i'm not completely
sure about if they had a keybaord charger too?)

-dane

-dane