[mythtv-users] MythTV shopping list

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Mon Jul 21 09:24:00 EDT 2003

At 07:38 PM 7/20/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>I have a 1.2 Duron and using default settings (480x480) half the time I
>Watch LiveTV, it has "puases" in it every 10-35 seconds.  But then there
>are times when I can watch live tv without any issues at all.  *shrug*
>
> >From my experience, I'd say go with a faster CPU than a 1.2 Duron even.
>I'm sure with tweaking, I can get it to run fine with that CPU though.

I am running a 1.1Ghz Duron with a cheap ECS motherboard and 384 MB of RAM
and a PVR 250 card and it runs seamlessly on the newer versions.  Pre-.10 I
was having the occasional jitter problem on live TV but recordings were
always great.  Now everything is great.  I'm still on OSS sound drivers too
and a GeForce2 MX board for TV out.

-Jeff