[mythtv-users] Changing hostname breaks mythtv?

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon Jul 21 01:40:34 EDT 2003

On Sunday 20 July 2003 11:37 pm, Tupshin Harper wrote:
> Isaac Richards wrote:
> >On Sunday 20 July 2003 10:38 pm, Brian Kelsay wrote:
> >>This seems like an item that should only be entered one time on a config
> >>page.
> >
> >How?
> >
> >Isaac
>
> *Relational* database. You could have an ID to name mapping table(2
> columnds, 1 row for each frontend) to represent all of your frontends.
> The ID would auto-increment from 1, when a new frontend was added, a new
> id would be autogenerated. You would only need to update this table if
> your host changed. May or may not be more hassle than it's worth, but
> easily doable.

Of course, but that'd be an extra join every time I wanted to look up
something based on an arbitrary hostname.  It's really too much effort for
something that changes very rarely, and really, the only slightly tricky
thing to update is the recorded table since you have to hit up the starttime
field.

Isaac