[mythtv-users] trying to watch TV via mythtvfrontend

Kevin D. Lenth fhathead at nmt.edu
Sun Jul 20 23:07:14 EDT 2003

> > With that little space left, you are probably into the area reserved for
> > root, making it difficult for any app that runs under a non-root userid
> > to create files. Since Myth needs to create rather large files ... video
>
> not true so. I use the system normally as a regular (non-root) user.

It doesn't matter which user you normally use -- ext2 and ext3 filesystems
both reserve some space for the root user (5% of the capacity is the
default, if memory serves).  You can adjust eliminate this by running (as
root)

  tune2fs -m 0 {device}

...where {device} is the /dev entry for your partition, for example
/dev/hda1 (check your /etc/fstab if you don't know what it is).

      --Kevin Lenth