[mythtv-users] Re:trying to watch TV via mythtvfrontend producesblank screen

Joel Melohn jlmelohn at jcsm.com
Sun Jul 20 13:26:21 EDT 2003

I set up a second stand alone MythTV installation. I have been having the
same problems with a blank screen when I would try to view live TV or to
play a previously recorded program.

My problem was that the ALSA sound system was not installed properly. I had
initially tried to run without installing ALSA sound drivers because I saw
some comments that there might be some native support in MythTV 0.10 for
ALSA.

I followed the description of how to install the ALSA in the documentation
and the "blank screen" is gone.

Hopely, this information might help others resolve their problems.

Joel