[mythtv-users] I guess I don't understand...

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Sat Jul 19 14:08:56 EDT 2003

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Guy Bayes wrote:

> I'm not even going to try to work it through the
> serial port, seems pretty pointless when you can buy
> an IR blaster for $10. I totally do not understand why
> anyone would build a homebrew? Something wrong with
> the commercial ones?

I built my homebrew tranceiver in about 5 minutes...  Buying an IR blaster
would have involved getting out of my chair :)

Also meant it was easy for my to put a scope on it when trying to get it
working with my Sky Digibox (which are _really_ picky about timing)

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/

"..Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time.." - Dreamline, Rush
        *** Presented in DoubleVision (Where Drunk) - Futurama ***