[mythtv-users] How to make irxevent rerun automatically ?

Albert Santoni GameGod at sympatico.ca
Fri Jul 18 21:56:35 EDT 2003

I can't help you with getting irxevent to rerun, but I may be able to help
you with why it is crashing.
My irxevent started crashing out of the blue, about twice a day. Over a
period of two weeks, it started crashing more and more often, until a point
occurred where it wouldn't crash anymore, but my remote stopped working.

Guess what?
My batteries in my remote were dying, and finally died.
The interaction between dying remote batteries and irxevent is weird, so
it's a very real possibility that this is your problem.

Good luck.

Albert