[mythtv-users] I guess I don't understand...

Guy Bayes guy_jobs at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 13:46:42 EDT 2003

I'm not even going to try to work it through the
serial port, seems pretty pointless when you can buy
an IR blaster for $10. I totally do not understand why
anyone would build a homebrew? Something wrong with
the commercial ones?

In theory even if you do not have a pre built lirc
config file for the blaster you should be able to
record one if you configure it as a receive and beam
your remote into it yes? Then just turn around and use
that one to transmit instead.

Guy