[mythtv-users] PVR 350 Sound Issues

Leo Laksmana beol at laksmana.net
Fri Jul 18 13:34:23 EDT 2003

I had the same problem before when I first start playing with mythtv.
You may want to not start artsd at all, you can change that setting from
the kde control panel.

I found out that there's also a problem with the rpm alsa package that
comes with mandrake. What I did was download a new alsa driver fromt he
alsa page and recompile it. You may not be able to uninstall the alsa
rpm package from mandrake because kde depends on it, so just compile the
alsa driver and make install will overwrite the default stuff. Also with
the default alsa package still installed, you won't have to mess around
with creating new /etc/rc.d/init/alsa stuff.

Thanks,
-Leo