[mythtv-users] re: Mobo [off topic]

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 18 16:07:06 EDT 2003

I am using an ASUS A7V8X-X (VIA chipset) and have no problems whatsoever.  I
loaded Mandrake 9.1 and all of my hardware was recognized, including sound,
LAN, etc.  I don't know why VIA chipsets have such a bad rep.  This mobo is
cheaper than a nVidia chipset board and costs less.  Since I only intend to
use the box for Myth it is more than fast enough for my needs.  If I were
you I would save my money and go for the A7V8X-X.

-- Harry Orenstein