[mythtv-users] MythVideo Feature Request - Offline Files

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 18 11:57:17 EDT 2003

Yes, the command that mythvideo runs is defined in the database and
configured in mythvideo setup.  The old version of mythvideo actually
contained a configuration file that allowed for different commands to be run
depending on the file extension, which would be nice to have back...

> If so,
> I could create a script that opened the appropriate file,
> launched mplayer,
> requested CD 2, and so on... the file that mythvideo would see
> would just be
> the script. The symlink would be something link this, correct?
>
> ln -s /dev/cdrom1/part1.avi /var/lib/mythvideo/part1.avi

No, it'd be more like
	ln -s /mnt/cdrom1/part1.avi /var/lib/mythvideo (don't need the filename for
the link unless it's different)

/dev/cdrom1 is a device file; /mnt/cdrom1 is (supposedly) the mount point
for your cdrom.  If you're not sure what your mount point is, look in
/etc/fstab.

> So, when mythvideo goes through and adds videos to the db it sees this and
> treats it as a video file, even if the cd is not inserted. When the CD is
> in, if you launch that video it plays from the CD.

Yep, you could do it that way.

-JAC