[mythtv-users] WinTV 250 with split backen/frontend

Britt Ethan Houser britthouser at mail.com
Fri Jul 18 08:06:40 EDT 2003

I am thinking about setting up MythTV is a split frontend/backend
system.  I would like to stick the WinTV 250 in my server in the closet,
and use my shuttle next to my TV for viewing.  Question is, can I use
the remote that comes with the WinTV250 on another machine?  If so, (and
this might be a stupid question), can the remote used on the frontend be
used to change the channels on the backend?  Assuming I use the WinTV's
Mpeg2 encoder, what kind of network bandwidth do I need between Backend
and Frontend?

thx,
britt

--
I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of
the