[mythtv-users] MythTV in Gentoo portage.

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Fri Jul 18 01:14:47 EDT 2003

On Thursday 17 July 2003 11:39 pm, Max Kalika wrote:
> Quoting Isaac Richards <ijr at po.cwru.edu>:
> > The ebuild is running configure with several args that it shouldn't be,
> > including the --cpu arg with an invalid cpu type which will end up
> > disabling  a number of x86/mmx opts.  The _only_ arg that's valid in this
> > context is  '--enable-lcd'
>
> Oh hey, I didn't notice things changed recently.

They haven't changed ever =)  I just removed the text from configure --help
because it confused people.

> Bad me!  Ok, what about doing this:
>
>   --extra-cflags="${CFLAGS}"
>
> and still changing pentiumpro to your configured cpu in settings.pro?

There's really absolutely no need to do that (or modify settings.pro), unless
you're running on a cpu that's incompatible with the pentiumpro setting.
Most of the time consuming code, either encoding or decoding video, is
optimized with handwritten mmx in either libavcodec, or the rtjpeg codec.

> Sorry for the noise.  Just wanted to confirm that the dependancy on a52dec
> and the whole --enable-a52bin stuff can be blown away too.  Is this correct?

Yup.  Never was a dependency, not even used by anything.

Isaac