[mythtv-users] Mute CD audio from TV card - how?

Todd Turner todd_a_turner at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 16:36:48 EDT 2003

Thanks for the help, I thought it must be something
simple like that.

todd
> Hey Everyone,
>
> I am a linux newbie, but have had some success,
mostly
> due to the red hat 9 mythtv "cheat sheet".  I have
> everything working, except audio (I have TV Wonder
and
> SB Live, using internal patch cable from TV Wonder
> CD jumper on sound card).
>
> I am experiencing:
>
> 1.  No audio in recorded shows.
> 2.  Audio that is not time shifting.
>
> This tells me that the audio is not being encoded,
it
> is just being looped through the sound card.  How do
> get mythtv to capture the sound AND how do I mute
the
> sound so I don't hear the audio real time.

Follow the instructions in the Howto, but replace any
references to
"Line-In" with "CD" or "CD-in".  Basically, for your
setup you need to
mute
the CD source, while also setting it as the capture
source.

-JAC