[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Pace, Jonathan JPace at belo.com
Thu Jul 17 17:51:33 EDT 2003

perhaps this is better directed to a lircd list, but since this may be a
large user base with the same hardware as i, here goes...

i've got a pvr250 and myth is working like a champ, including the remote and
ir receiver that come with the hauppauge card.  now i'm wanting to get an
irblaster to control my cable box (so i can include premium channels and
such in my myth television watching goodness), but after reading the docs,
i'm getting the impression that i can use the ir receiver _or_ an ir
blaster/transmitter, but not both, since they require compiling lircd with
different options in the setup.sh and both probably rely on /dev/lirc.
anybody using both?  anyone using the Actisys IR-200L ir blaster with a
general instruments cable box that uses an ATT 200B remote (neither of which
appear to have .conf files in lirc/remotes)?

jwp