[mythtv-users] Number of "OLDEST" episodes to keep

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Jul 17 02:35:39 EDT 2003

> First I want to give a big thanks to all the developers who work on this

<snip>

> There is one thing I would like to see or maybe I'm just missing it
> somewhere. In the recording screen there is now the option to keep a
> specified number of the most recent episodes. What I am looking for is  a
> way to do just the opposite! On our Tivo we can set it up to record every
> episode of a program (Season Pass) but will not delete it till we tell it
> to. Then you set it to keep, for example, 3 episodes and it will record

If you update to current CVS, I just added a feature to allow what you're
looking for.  If you set the "max episodes", there is now another checkbox
to tell Myth to keep the X newest or X oldest episodes.  If you turn this
setting on, it acts like the previous Myth code where it recorded the new
episodes and deleted old ones to keep below the max.  Now you can tell Myth
to stop recording episodes when it reaches the max until you delete some
of the older ones manually (or until they are auto-expired if you have
auto-expire turned on and are low on disk space)..

Chris