[mythtv-users] Nova-T DVB trouble

Zaheer Abbas Merali zaheerabbas at merali.org
Wed Jul 16 23:14:53 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 19:58, Dave wrote:
> Hi,
> Having enjoyed Myth with my analoge card for about 6 months, and having
> tinkered with a Nova-T card for about 3, I thought I'd put the two
> together.  Sadly, I've had no luck yet.
>
> I've set up the card settings and channel settings as per one of the
> other posts I've seen on this list:
> Capturecard:
> videodevice: /dev/dvb/adapter0 (have also tried
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0)
> cardtype: DVB
> dvb_type: T
> use_ts: 1  (have also tried 0)
>
> I have then set the cardinputid 1 to be courceid 1 for cardid 1, and so
> on.
>
> I haven't tried watching live, since I believe there are problems with
> that at the moment.  I have tried recording though.  When I start a
> recording, backend gives the message (for example):
> ****
> 2003-07-16 19:53:08 Started recording "Tomorrow's World Roadshow" on
> channel: 0 on cardid: 1, sourceid: 1
> trying to change to channel 1
> closed DVB demux devices
> Changing from None to RecordingOnly
> ****
>
> It then writes a 0 byte file to the recording directory.
>
> I've set up channels in both channel and channel_dvb, for example (from
> a couple of select * statements in mysql):
> select * from channel;
> |1000 | 1 | 1 | bbc1 | BBC1 | logo-4.gif  | 0 | NULL | bbc1.bbc.co.uk |
> 25500 | 33000 | 39000 | 0 | 32768 | 1 |
>
> select * from channel_dvb;
> | 1000 | bbc1 | 600,601 | 505833333 | N | NULL | NULL | NULL | 0
>  | 8 | FEC_3_4 | FEC_NONE | QAM_16 | 2 | 32 | NONE |
>
> I have watched the card front-end status using femon.  I don't believe
> that the card is ever getting re-tuned.  I delibratly set one of the
> channels to tune to an unused frequency, and then set a recording on
> that channel.  The front-end status remained "locked" with a good
> signal level and BER, suggesting it did not tune away from the signal
> it was already on.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be going wrong?
>
> Cheers,
>
> --Dave

Hi what DVB driver are you using?  The current myth DVB code does not
work with the CVS DVB driver or the CVS dvb-kernel driver.  You have to
be using 1.0.0pre3 or similar.

You need use_ts set to 0, set to 1 it does not work.

Oh, Also live tv channel changing does not work with DVB yet.

Take Care

--
Zaheer Abbas Merali <zaheerabbas at merali.org>