[mythtv-users] feasibility of XBOX as a backend AND frontend

John Klimek jmk396 at psu.edu
Wed Jul 16 15:26:43 EDT 2003

Well, I can see a lot of problems with the x-box being a backend.  Perhaps
it could be a low-quality backend or something....

However, as I suggested in my original post, I think making an .xbe (xbox
execuatable) would be great.  It only needs to be very basic so it can play
recorded shows and schedule new programs to record.  It doesn't need any of
the extra functionality.

With Linux (even on the x-box) it requires a bunch of time and know-how to
configure it so that MythTV will work.

If somebody made an .xbe the video card, sound card, etc, would all be taken
care of the XDK and the programmer would not have to worry about different
hardware, etc.

Not only would it load up 10x quicker, but I'll bet that the video quality
would improve if the XDK was used.

Just my 2 cents.