[mythtv-users] Telly

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Wed Jul 16 09:45:00 EDT 2003

At 11:26 AM 7/16/2003 -0400, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> [...]

And comtrary to what someone reported here last night, the illustration of
the back panel does NOT show a jumper cable from the vidcap card to the
sound card ... the vidcap card does not have an audio-out jack at all. (It
has audio-in, presumably to go with the SVideo and Composite inputs).

 From that, and everything else I saw at the site, I'd *guess* they are
using a PVR-250 or equivalent. Naurally, they are doing "real-time
encoding" ... I don't know any other way to record off the air, unless you
have an ENORMOUS buffer that can hold many hours of uncompressed video ...
but probably not simultaneous encoding and decoding, the way Myth handles
"live" TV.