[mythtv-users] cx88 users?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Jul 16 03:28:48 EDT 2003

I was out and about, and saw an MSI TV at nywhere for $50. Same price as
the WinTV Go, but also comes with a remote (though not a great one). I
figured it was a decent enough deal, and I could just toss it in my
MythTV box (along with the PVR-250 already there) as a secondary
tuner/capture card. I should have read up a bit before buying, but
hey... For those who don't know, the MSI card uses the same cx2388x
chipset as some of the newest WinTV Go cards, which no longer function
with the bttv driver, and require a whole new driver, which isn't very
mature yet (cx88, http://bytesex.org/cx88/).

I've compiled and installed the latest cx88 driver (from 7/14/2003
source), but I'm not finding much of any documentation as to how I
might set up /etc/modules.conf, if at all... (I'm using Red Hat Linux
9). Anyone have an idea of how to get started with this card? I don't
expect much use out of it (w/MythTV) until the driver matures, but
supposedly, video is stabilizing and mono audio now works on some cards.

-jcw