[mythtv-users] mythweb colorized show categories

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Jul 15 18:58:50 EDT 2003

I'm getting closer and closer to finishing the new mythweb, and am at a
point where I need some help from the user community.  Show categories
(Scifi, Romance, Action, Reality, etc.) are printed by the various
listing companies, and seem to be broken down into a huge number,
especially when you consider different languages.

To make this a little more manageable (right now, it's one style sheet
entry for each category, and I keep finding more and more new ones as my
provider assigns them), I'd like to set up a regex system to match these
"overall" categories to a smaller subset (say, 20-30 instead of 80-100)
of "official myth(web) show categories" so we can establish a standard
for designing new themes/skins for mythweb.

Anyway, for anyone who wants to help (especially those of you in
non-english-speaking locales), I need to come up with these "overall"
categories (in english), and then assign matches according to what the
providers list them as (this is where non-english-locales will be
helpful - so that we know "deportes" or "Spielen" or whatever matches to
the "sports" style sheet specification).

This will be an ever-growing list, as the providers will undoubtedly
continue adding new categories (eg. "Crime" vs. "Crime/Mystery" vs.
"Mystery").

Anyway, help appreciated..

-Chris