[mythtv-users] ATI TV Wonder VE Users

Rob Snow lists at dympna.com
Tue Jul 15 15:46:06 EDT 2003

You got it, the fuzz isn't the problem..it's the vertical lines.  I get them on higher
channels mostly (20-40 and 62-78 come to mind).  Stangely, I do not get them on
channels lower than 12 or so or on 60 or the local guide channels on 98-99.

It might well be the AC in the house, it's a 101year old home with wiring from the
50-60's.  I have grounded plugs, however, they are suspect.  I also get what appears
to be a grounding fault when attaching the cable to the machine...it's a low power
leakage coming out of the PC and down the cable TV line (presumably to it's
ground).

What's strange is that all my TV's have perfectly clear pictures (but are two prong, of
course).

It's happened on two different PCs with two different cards plugged in in different
places and on different circuits around the house...so I'm guessing we aren't looking
at a PC issue.

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:49:50 -0700, Ray Olszewski wrote