[mythtv-users] MythWeb running on a different machine other than backend server

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Tue Jul 15 15:21:58 EDT 2003

Michael J. Sherman wrote:

> I have my myth backend and frontend on the same machine.  That machine
> is inside my home firewall, so I cannot access mythweb from the
> outside world on that machine.  Therefore I installed mythweb on my
> gateway Linux machine, and changed the settings.php to point it to the
> database server on the myth box.  While at work I can then access
> MythWeb on my gateway at home.

This doesn't answer your question, but you could run mythweb on your
mythtv box, and add the following to your httpd.conf on your gateway
machine:

ProxyPass /mythweb http://<mythtv hostname>/mythweb
ProxyPassReverse /mythweb http://<mythtv hostname>/mythweb

Replace <mythtv hostname> with the hostname of your mythtv box, and
change /mythweb if you have mythweb installed somewhere else.

If you don't already have the following, you'll need to add them, too:

LoadModule proxy_module       modules/libproxy.so
AddModule mod_proxy.c

You can then access http://<gateway hostname>/mythweb and you will get
proxied to http://<mythtv hostname>/mythweb.  I do this for my setup and
it works great.